Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Midterm Project Presentations

October, 18, 2012 was the day the class presented our midterm projects. I enjoyed listening and learning about everyone's presentations. I've definitely gained so much information after hearing about the different low, middle, and high tech Assistive Technology tools. I can say before Jaalil and I presented, I was very nervous. But I was excited at the end when I received my grade! My favorite presentation was Timara and Tiera Assistive Technology Book. The book was very creative! I also loved Devan and Kristina's presentation. I loved the fact that they had visuals to go with their presentation. I felt like I knew exactly what they were talking about because of the visuals passed around in class. After listening to all of the presentations, I find myself looking at other Assistive Technology tools for my future classroom in every store that I go to with friends. I KNOW that I will be able to do an excellent job on the final project.


4 comments:

  1. Dear Desiree,
    I also enjoyed listening to everyone's midterm presentations and took away resourceful information when focusing on Writing and Reading assistive technology tools low-high. I wish though that the presentations would have been shorter based on information needed in the rubric. By doing so, we as a class could have discussed more about when and how these assistive technology devices should be implemented. I liked the "Big Book", but I felt that it would have been more effective to present the rubric requirements all from the "Big Book" because I felt the presentation being played alongside was focusing attention away from the "Big Book". Overall, for our first class presentations this assignment took flight in the right direction towards the final exam expectations. I am eager to hear the speaker next class to gain more knowledge in the field of assistive technology. I enjoyed reading your post this week. Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great that you find yourself doing more research. I always think an assignment has been beneficial when the students take something away from it. I also learned more about AT and what I can use in my future classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Desiree,
    The presentations were also very useful for me. I really like learning from our peers, because we are all at the same level. It is amazing how much we can teach each other by presenting a powerpoint. I really learned a lot about each AT device, and found many that are inexpensive that I would be very willing to use in my future classroom. That was one of my favorite classes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved working with you on this project. I learned a lot! You were a joy to work with, and I look forward to working with you again.

    Listening to everyone's project was very exciting. Seeing the different ways that they were presented was enlightening.

    ReplyDelete